PRIVACY STATEMENT SUMMARY
Please know, I completely respect your privacy and will take all measures to protect your data just as I do for myself and my family. I have developed and regularly maintain the below policies to explain how I collect, use and protect personal information.
COLLECTION & USAGE
- Disclosure: Before or while collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected and I will disclose that prior to collection.
- Purpose: I will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified.
- Retain: Data in my possession will only be used as required in order to provide services or products, and for documents such as contracts and invoices. I only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Legal Release: Regardless of how your identity and contact information is collected (online purchase, services inquiry, newsletter, giveaway etc.), your data is kept private and I will never sell or redistribute your data unless required by law. In the event of legally required access or unauthorized access by a third party, you will be notified as soon as possible.
Cookies sound delicious, but not all cookies are food…some are weird digital things stored on your computer. Cookies are small files or text sent to your internet browser that are unique to each website you visit. They are most often used to identify a visitor in order to remember their chosen preferences upon a return visit.
This website uses custom and third-party cookies to improve user experience, remember your preferences, provide services and relevant ads, gather visitor statistics (such as anonymous device and browser type, IP address and location data) for usage analytics.
SECURITY OF DATA
While I make every effort to ensure the safety, privacy and security of my website and a client/visitor data, you share such information at your own risk. I am not responsible for loss of data, unauthorized access or modification or for the security of data stored or accessed by third-parties.
To protect your data:
- Never send data such as credit card or account information via social media message or email.
- Only pay for purchases via the secure checkout on my website and online quotes/invoices.
- If you prefer to not purchase or sign online, you may arrange to do so in-person.
Nearly all businesses work with a third-party for various aspects of their business. Example: Using PayPal to process credit cards.
- Website: Squarespace and SmugMug.
- Domain: Google Domains.
- Payment Processing: Dubsado, PayPal and Stripe.
- Contracts & Invoices: Dubsado
- Phone/Text: Apple, iCloud.
- Email: Zoho and Google Mail
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+.
I utilize mail/email mailing lists to share news and marketing. If you wish to be removed, contact me.
- For mail removal: provide your first name, last name and mailing address. You will be removed from my list immediately, however, you will receive any pending mail items in transit prior to removal.
- For email removal: simply click the unsubscribe link in your email. Please do not mark as spam. If you have not been removed, contact me for manual removal.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Soul Gaze Photography, LLC 3224 Nobob Road, Glasgow, KY, 42141, United States
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - Squarespace
Our store is hosted on Squarespace. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Squarespace’s data storage, databases. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Squarespace stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store or business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you if applicable.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information on file, register a complaint, or have questions or comments about these or other policies, send an email to email@example.com or mail a written letter by postal mail to:
Soul Gaze Photography, LLC
3224 Nobob Road
Glasgow KY 42141