Hello! My name is Amber Flowers. I am a Photographic Artist and Squarespace Website Developer based in Glasgow, Kentucky. I have been providing services professionally since 2014. Photography, photo editing and building websites have been an addiction since high school (Class of 2002).
Photography provides the ability to preserve my observations of a moment between two souls, the golden glow of a beautiful sunset landscape or the delicate beauty of a snowflake -- all of which would otherwise fade away. I greatly love what I do, for it enables me to travel to a new destination on another grand adventure, always with a camera in my hand. There is something deeply alluring about the feel of the sun on my skin and the wind in my hair while exploring rugged and urban locations.
Websites provide another outlet for my creativity. I love to play with code and I greatly enjoy the creative process. It's such a rewarding challenge to develop an on-going relationship with my client, to better understand them and their business and then watch their website evolve to become an extension of who they are. It's so exciting to design and develop websites for other creatives and small businesses owners as they reach for the stars.
Volunteering and Giving Back is something I'm passionate about. I started my business over 10yrs ago volunteering my services for work experience and self-growth. Currently, I provide Post Mortem Memoria and Ante Mortem Pet Photography by donation and I am the Volunteer Photographer (VIP/PIP) at nearby Mammoth Cave National Park.
As for the future, I dream of one day working at Mammoth Cave National Park as an official Park Ranger. My photographic goals are to own a studio in a historic building that I restore myself, learn how to do alternative photographic processes such as tintypes and daguerreotypes and travel the world.
I reside in Nobob, 11mi SE of Glasgow, with my husband, our two mini-humans and a menagerie of pets. Mostly cats. Meet My Family >
Awards For My Work
- Shoot & Share, an international photo contest:
- Association of National Park Rangers - Level: Active Volunteer - 2018
- Squarespace Circle Member - 2018
- Glasgow - Barren County Chamber of Commerce - 2018
- Friends of Mammoth Cave National Park - 2018
- Better Business Bureau of Louisville - 2016, 2017, 2018
- Volunteer Photographer for Mammoth Cave National Park - 2018
- Storm Spotter Class graphics for Glasgow/Barren County Emergency Management - 2018
- Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador™ for National Weather Service Louisville - 2017
- EF-0 Tornado Survey for NWS Louisville - 2016
- Trained SKYWARN Spotter for National Weather Service in Louisville - 2013
- The Journey Home Adoption Project - 2013
- C.A.M.P. TJ Kids (TJ Samson Community Hospital) - 2012, 2011
- Glasgow Fire Department - 2012, 2010
- Trashmaster's Classic at Barren River State Resort Park - 2017, 2015, 2014,
- Photography & Video: Schoepflin Funeral - 2014
- National Park Foundation - 2018
- Friends of Mammoth Cave National Park - 2017, 2018