I've always been a lover of heels. I mean, what lady isn't? They make our legs look fabulous! Plus, I'm a 'petite' lady who barely reaches 5'2". I need all the extra height I can get. So, whenever I'm wearing a dress or am going out on a special occasion, I'm wearing my heels. Not the clunky ones worn as a preteen and accepted by parents everywhere, but the sexy heels worn by women in their 20's. Unfortunately, like all love affairs, pain follows after the conclusion. Seriously bad pain. So, when offered the opportunity to test and review the insoles by Dr. Scholl's, I was not only excited, I was tempted to buy more heels! Seriously, no...I'm not a shoe obsessed kind of girl, but I was very eager to see if my pain would be forever erased as promised.
- A FREE pair of Dr. Scholl’s® For Her High Heel Insoles
- $4-off coupons to share with any ladies who have a love/hate relationship with fashionable shoes
I immediately removed them from the package. It was a pain to open, but I was impressed with the quality of the materials. I wasn't sure that I liked how much they felt like those breast cutlets women use to enhance their bust. They were firm and smooth and seemed to not be flimsy or easily ripped. They were not crystal clear, but opaque enough to ensure a good chance of invisibility beneath my feet. The adhesive on the bottom was protected by a thin sheet of plastic. I tested the ability of the adhesive to stick after multiple, purposefully dirty uses. It performed well. Then, time for the real test.
I grabbed my highest pair of heels. My gorgeous vintage shoes that I only wear to weddings and special times requiring some bling and glam. Not only are these shoes beautiful to look at, but they are the most painful pair of heels in my closet. I swear, it's like the balls of my feet suddenly are broken and on fire. My toes tingle. I hurt. It's not pleasant. So if Dr. Scholl's could prevent or even lesson this damage...well I'd be a believer!
Unfortunately, upon my first impression I was not impressed. Sadly, their size was a problem. My shoe size ranges from 7-8 1/2 depending upon if it's heel or boots. I usually require wide sizes too. The insole was just too short and narrow to be of benefit despite the package claiming to be for sizes 6-10. It was uncomfortably to walk in them. Believe me, I tried to find a way to like them! I was so eager for relief, I repositioned, tried other heels and still the problem was the same. They just don't feel natural. The do reduce the shock of the steps, but feel better under my feet out of shoes and flat on the ground. Maybe I'd get used to them with more time, but it just felt like I was wearing a bunched up sock under the balls of my feet. You know, when you've ran in tennis shoes and the socks need pulling tight?
In the end, I don't recommend these insoles unless you have smaller feet. I do believe they would be of benefit in that case. My pain did seem better, but only slightly as they were distracting and too small to verify their ability to prevent foot pain. If Dr. Scholl's manufactures another version that is larger, I'll gladly try them.
Impressive construction, disappointing results.
Don't let my review discourage you. Foot pain could be a thing of the past!
Full product details from Dr. Scholl's:
"Guaranteed to provide all-day comfort or your money back, Dr. Scholl’s® For Her High Heel Insoles help prevent foot aches and pain caused by wearing high heels two inches and higher. Slip these specially crafted insoles into your favorite pair of heels, and read up on the product to fuel your future Bzz:
- Unique design is clinically proven to help prevent pain from high heels 2” and up
- Ultra-soft gel arch shifts pressure off ball of foot
- Immediate and long-lasting comfort guaranteed, or your money back
- Practically invisible, even in strappy heels
- Slim design won’t make shoes feel tight
- Insoles stay firmly in place, and are easily removable without damaging shoes
- Made to fit women’s sizes 6–10, including all open-style shoes
Stand, walk and strut in comfort
Dr. Scholl’s® products are backed by a highly technical group of scientists focused on foot care. Extensive research, development and clinical testing go into every product, ensuring they’re effective before they meet your feet. Because the makers of Dr. Scholl’s® For Her products are focused on women’s needs, clinical studies for the line were performed on ladies just like you — high-heel wearing general managers, students, office workers and busy moms (to name a few)!
There is also a wide variety of other options available:
- Engineered to help prevent ball of foot pain
- Prevent toe scrunch
- Provide cushioning and absorb shock
- Help prevent shoes from rubbing the heel area and slipping
- Improve shoe fit to increase comfort
- Fit in all women’s shoes, and stay firmly in place
- Uniquely designed for all-day comfort
- Absorb shock and impact on heel, and help protect the sensitive ball of foot area
- Work great in flats and boots
- Also Available: Rub Relief® Line
- Helps prevent blisters caused by shoe rubbing!
- Rub Relief® Strips provide long-lasting protection from rubbing against shoe straps
- Rub Relief® Stick provides instant, on-the-go protection from shoe rubbing
- COMING SOON! Rub Relief® Gel Spots provide long-lasting protection from rubbing in any part of the shoe
Look for Dr. Scholl’s
For Her products in the foot care aisle of drugstores, grocery stores and mass discount retailers."